Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The Needs of the Few

  We have now been back in Thailand for 3 weeks.  Since our return I have been met with many different needs and challenges at my work at Thai Country Trim.  I am constantly reminded how much I need God's eyes, heart, and compassion.  His wisdom, knowledge, and unconditional love need to lead my every step.  Left on my own, I would fail miserably.  I am often overwhelmed with the feeling that I don't know enough, have enough, or do enough.  So, I ask you to pray for me in these matters.  They are before me daily and I don't want to mess up.
  1. A young mom named Jane who is one of our piece workers.  Her husband just abandoned her and their little 6 month old.  My production manager came to me to tell me about her situation just a few days ago.  She was worried that the mom was not able to feed her baby properly.  So my manager has been allowing her to bring her work in daily instead of weekly so she can have a little money each day to buy formula for the baby because she was unable to breast feed.  She found out that she has been giving the baby regular milk because she hasn't had enough money to buy formula.  (formula is 10 times the price of regular milk here)  I saw the baby yesterday and he looked very undernourished. I bought formula for them today but I need wisdom on how to proceed.  Today she stayed at the center all day and many of my staff witnessed to her.   All my girls are concerned and all have been helping her in some small way.  Pray that God will guide us.  Pray for her baby. 
  2.  A group of refugees from a nearby country came to see if our center might give them some work.  They will take anything we can give them.  This particular group of refugees are Christians who were persecuted and had to flee their country.  They are here waiting for their passage to the country who will repatriate them.  We want to help them but we must do it legally.  Pray for us as we see what God will have us do in this situation.  
3.  My mom and dad have reached the stage in their life where they need more attention and care.  They are in their early 80's and my dad has many health challenges.  My mom cares for him as best she can but the daily needs are wearing on her.  They are hoping to sell their home and move into an independent living apartment where mom will have some help with meals and house cleaning.  I want to be there for them when the time comes for them to move.  Pray for the timing of things so that I can be there for them.  My mom and dad are retired Salvation Army Majors.  They have served and helped people all their lives.  It's now time for them to be helped.  I want to be a part of that.  
4. Starting in May we will have a volunteer team from America every month until November.  We grateful so many teams want to come and help with our work here.  Doug and I want to do a good job picking the sites for our English camp and Mobile clinics as well as give our volunteers a wonderful ministry experience to share in.  Pray the Lord will guide us as we plan these times.  Pray the Lord will go before us and prepare the hearts of those who will hear the Gospel this year from the efforts of Thai Country Trim and Bangkla Baptist Clinic.  May His Word go out and his name be glorified.  

No comments:

Post a Comment