Thursday, February 19, 2015

Warmed to the Gospel by the Common Cold

Warmed to the Gospel by the Common Cold
 I saw Mr. P, a 30 year old factory worker, in the clinic on Friday.  He came to see me for a cold.  Soon we were talking about his need for a relationship with God.  He said, “I need to study this some more.”
      “Great idea!”  I exuberantly agreed.  How about we meet Monday evening?  He agreed to come meet me after he (and I) finished work on the following Monday.  He showed up as promised and he and I then talked through who God is and what His expectations for man include.  After our evening talk, I asked him if he was ready to make the leap and place his trust in God.  He said yes!  Right there he prayed wonderfully, confessing sin and promising to follow God and bring Him honor.  It was a joy to see! 
     Please pray for him.  He works long hours and often works evenings and Sundays.  Pray that the Lord will call Mr. P to study his Bible and seek all opportunity to grow in his new faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment